One of the most liked features of Instagram is Instagram stories. If you are wondering what is Instagram story and how to use it, then we have covered you. Instagram stories is a feature that allows you to post any photo or video that will be visible to your followers for 24 hours. According to research, there are more than 500 million users of Instagram that use Instagram stories every single day.
The percentage of the users who watch stories on Instagram daily is 70% and 86.6 % of users post stories on Instagram. Not only are teenagers using Instagram stories, but Instagram stories are also being used by many brands and businesses to promote their products. According to a search, 36% of businesses use Instagram stories for the promotion of their products.
Instagram stories have gained so much popularity in a very short interval of time. There is nothing wrong if we say it is one of the best features Instagram has ever included. As it is one of the best features of one of the best social media platforms, you have to know about this. In this article, we have compiled everything for you. So that you can easily update your knowledge or get yourself ready to use Instagram stories from today.
How to use Instagram Stories:
Instagram stories can be seen at the top of your Mobile’s screen. De beers at the top of your feed in a bar. Anyone can post an Instagram story and it will appear at the top of your feed with their profile picture having a circle around it. Whenever someone uploads a news story that their profile photo will have a beautiful colorful ring all around it.
Instagram stories provide you a lot of interactive tools including poles and stickers etc to make your content even more amazing. If you want to view someone’s IG stories all you have to do is just tap or touch the colorful profile photo at the top of your feed. Instagram stories only stay for 24 hours and the content will play after taping on a profile photo is in chronological order from the oldest story to the newest.
A user can also tab to go back or jump to another profile’s story. This is not like a regular post where you can like or comment which can be seen by the public. For Instagram stories, you can reply I just like a message to the exact person who has posted the Instagram story.
How to upload Instagram Stories:
To make an Instagram story, all you have to do is to follow these steps that are given below in the following:
- First, open the application and then you will see a plus icon on your profile picture which can be seen at the top left corner of your mobile screen, simply tap on it. You can also tab on the plus icon which is located at the bottom of your mobile screen. And then you have to select “story” from the bottom menu.
- After tapping on that plus icon, the in-app camera will pop out, now all you have to do is just press the white circle to take up pictures. Long-press it to make a video while holding the white circle you can also swipe up and down for zoom in and zoom out if you are recording a video
- Now again at the top of your mobile screen, you will see a lot of different kinds of options from where you can download your post, add annotations, add filters, add text, and can play with stickers, polls, etc by adding them into your story
- Now at the bottom right corner of your mobile’s screen. You see a “send to” button and by tapping on that we can post your story
How to Post Content From Your Camera Roll to Your Instagram Story:
Here are the steps to post from your gallery two Instagram stories, these steps are mentioned below in following:
- First, open the application and then tap on the plus icon that is located at the bottom of your screen
- Now you will see at the bottom right corner of your mobile’s screen there is a small thumbnail of a picture that appears
- Simply type on that picture and you will see your gallery
- You can select multiple photos
How to Check the Views of Instagram Stories:
If your Instagram story is still there you can simply see who has watched your story. You can do it by opening your story, you will see at the bottom of your screen “Views”, by tapping on it you can see who has watched your story on Instagram story. In case if your insta stories have been disappeared, you can still check the views of your Instagram stories. Here are the steps you should follow to check the views on your Instagram stories these steps are given below in the following:
- Tap on your profile picture which can be seen at the bottom right corner of your screen
- Now after that, you have to select the insights option
- Now you have to choose the time for instance 7, 14, 30 days, or a custom time frame.
- After scrolling down to the content you should just touch on the stories and choose your period
Instagram Stories Highlight:
This is another one of the most incredible features introduced by Instagram back in 2017. This feature lets you post your stories for more than 24 hours. Please Instagram stories highlights appear on your profile page right below your Bio. To make Instagram stories highlight you need to follow the given steps that are listed below in the following:
- The section of Instagram stories highlight tab on the new circle that can be seen at the far left
- Now from your archives, you can select your desired stories along with the cover for your highlight, and then all you have to do is just give a name to it
And that’s it. Now your Instagram stories highlights will appear right below ear bio as a circle opens your profile. You can have multiple Instagram stories highlights and they will stay on your phone until you manually remove them.
Adding Captions to your Instagram Stories:
According to a search, only 60% of Instagram users view Instagram stories amidst the sound. It means the rest of the 40% of Instagram users see Instagram stories with the sound turned off. And for both of them if you are using captions you are making your content even more useful not only for that 40% of people but also for that 60% of the people. Here are all the steps you need to follow that are mentioned below in the following to add captions to your Instagram stories:
- Open the video for stories is ready just tap on the sticker icon which can be seen at the top of your screen
- After that, touch on the Captions Sticker
- Now Instagram will Automatically generate the captions for you. Here it is a great thing if you look at the captions Instagram is creating for you and if you found something wrong in them you can simply type on the text to edit it
- We can also change the color of the front of the caption by using tools that can be seen at the bottom and top of your screen
- You can also resize and relocate the caption anywhere you want
Here one thing you need to know is that the captions will only work on videos. In the same way, you can also use music stickers to attach a song to your Instagram stories. You can catch your video with song lyrics. It is similar to the steps that are mentioned above but in this case, you have to select Music Stickers instead of Caption Stickers.
How to create Instagram Stories polls:
To create an Instagram story poll you have to catch the steps that are specified here in the following:
- After taking a photo for recording a video just hit on the sticker symbol which is at the top of your screen
- Now select the poll sticker
- Now type the desired question
- Enter the default response. You can enter any answer within 24 characters that also contain the emojis
How to use Instagram Stories Questions:
This is another way to make your Instagram stories more interactive. Unlike Instagram story polls where you ask questions to your followers, Instagram questions your followers can ask questions from you and you can interact with your followers to know what they think. to ask questions from your followers you need to follow the steps listed below in the following:
- When your photo video is ready, just touch on the sticker symbol on the top of the screen
- Now select the question sticker and customize the text of the topic
You can see the queries in your view list and by tapping on any question, you can reply, and also you can share it. Here one thing you need to know about is that the identity of the user who asks the question will not be revealed.
How to add links to your Instagram Stories:
You can also attach different kinds of links to your Instagram stories and all the steps you need to follow are mentioned below in the following:
- once your video or photo is ready to post this tap on the link icon that can be seen at the top
- Attach your desired link
- After pasting your link just tap on done on the green check
How to use Instagram Stories Shopping:
Instagram stories shopping will allow you to label the products in your Instagram stories. The make your stories shoppable, Here we have listed all the steps you need to follow that are given below in the following:
- Once your video or photo is ready to post just hit on the sticker symbol which can be located at the top
- Now choose a product sticker
- Now choose the product from your list that you need to tag
- You can also relocate or change the sticker by moving it