Instagram Reels: The Ultimate Guide For Beginners
Instagram continues to reinvent itself every once in a while. Whether it’s done by the introduction of new features like Boomerang or Instagram stories. The introduction of these new features is absolutely necessary to stay in competition with other social media platforms like Snapchat and TikTok.
This explains the sudden rollout of Instagram reels. Reels have taken social media by storm due to their instant nature and multiple entertaining effects. IG surely knows how to attract Gen Z to their platform. Instagram reels are very similar to the short clips on the TikTok app.
Thus if you’ve been an avid user of TikTok you soon get a grip over Instagram reels. Now, if you wish to know how to make a reel on Instagram we’re here to give you the whole scoop!
What Is Instagram Reels?
Instagram reels let you record 3 to 15 seconds videos. The most amazing aspect about these instant videos is that you can customize them in any way. You can even add a soundtrack to your videos to make them more entertaining. This is a great feature for those who are really into lip-syncing. Instagram reels are currently dominating the global charts in more than 50 countries. So, it’s here to stay in case TikTok is banned in your country.
As stated earlier this platform is much more engaging than Instagram’s original video options. That’s because people are more into instant content as it’s easy to absorb. Instagram reels also let you compile multiple video clips together. so you can even create a vlog-like situation by compiling multiple short videos and turning them into one.
Users can also align videos and add attractive effects. It’s a highly entertaining medium that lets you explore everyone else’s content. Some of the most popular Instagram deals also end up on the Explore page. Consequently, Instagram reels can instantly increase your account’s reach. Purely based on engagement Instagram also labels popular videos as Featured videos.
How To Make Your First Instagram Reel
- Download the Instagram app on your device and log into your Instagram account
- Now open your Instagram camera by swiping right or clicking on the camera icon in the bottom left
- At the bottom of the screen, you will tap on Reels and start recording a video. You can use the screen timer or hands-free mode if you are recording video from afar.
- On the left side, you will find multiple editing tools on your display.
- You can now use these tools to add an audio, visual effect, or text to your Instagram reel. Instagram has a large variety of music in its music library. you can also upload music from your phone’s music library.
- Once you’re done editing you can either save that video (in the drafts) or post it right away.
- To post a video saved in your drafts you can find it in the Reels tab in your Instagram profile.
Note: If you’re posting Instagram reels on a public setting anyone can like it and leave a comment. Furthermore, if you are sharing your Instagram reel through DMs or story it after IG stories it will disappear after 24 hours.
How To Post An Already Filmed Video On Instagram Reels
- Log into your Instagram account and open your Instagram camera by swiping right
- Tap on Reels at the bottom of the screen.
- Now swipe up to open your camera roll.
- Tap on the video you want to upload from your camera roll.
- You can also trim the video to make it shorter.
- You can use the editing tools to add audio, text, or filters.
- That’s about it now you can post that Instagram reel or save it in your drafts.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to give Instagram reels a chance! Instant entertainment is quite in at the moment. So if you are planning to increase your Instagram account reach and gather more followers. This sounds like an amazing opportunity.
Especially if you’re a small business owner, promotion through Instagram reels could be your next best option. Do let us know which genre of content is your favourite on Instagram reels. Are there any improvements that could make Instagram reels more user-friendly? We hope that this guide was helpful and now you’re ready to enjoy more creative freedom on Instagram!